Monday, September 28, 2015

Water Color Blocking

With Honey, Poppy, & Cocoa
From the challenge at  Color My Heart.
I found a new CTMH challenge: Between the Folds
and decided to give it a try. The challenge this week was watercolor.
Since we don't currently have washi tape I decided to turn it
into a tool. Use your washi tape to block off the area on your
watercolor paper. Then watercolor the blocked off area the colors 
of your choice. I used Poppy and Honey. I used the script block 
in Universal Backgrounds with Cocoa ink to give it some texture.
So, Check out Between The Folds each Tuesday for a new 
CTMH challenge and be sure to challenge yourself 
each week with the Color My Heart Color Dare.
CTMH Supplies:
Cardstock: Cocoa, Watercolor paper
Stamps: Shower Flowers, Victorian Gratitude
Ink: Cocoa, Honey, Poppy

3 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Fabulous card, Jody! I love how you so precisely masked off lines to create the beautifully blended colored panel. The flowers on the left side are so pretty also. Thanks for entering the Color Dare challenge again this week!
:) Marie

Donna said...

Beautiful card! Love your water colouring technique. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

Cat Nowak said...

Lovely! I love the words over the watercolor. Thank you for joining us this week for Color My Heart.